Enrolling at RHPS
Our vision is to inspire all learners to be curious and creative. We strive
Thank you for expressing an interest in joining Rolling Hills Primary School. We look forward to meeting you and your child and welcoming you to our amazing school community.
A new statewide timeline for enrolling in Foundation (Prep) for the 2024 school year has been released.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government school. The new timeline seeks to make the enrolment process simpler, clearer and fairer for families.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024.
to develop resilient and ethical citizens with the skills to thrive in a diverse and global community.
What you need to do:
- Use Find my School to locate your designated neighbourhood school (referred to as your local school) and read about enrolling in a school. Please note school zones for 2024 will be available in late Term 1, 2023.
- Contact a government primary school to book a school tour or to learn more about the school and the enrolment application process.
We conduct tours at 9:30am every Tuesday morning throughout Term 1 and 2. Use the website link or call the friendly office staff on 03 9726 4454.
- Download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ (available to download from the start of Term 2, 2023).
- Rolling Hills Primary School can accept enrolment forms from Monday 24th April.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the Department’s Placement Policy.
Your child has a right to enrol at their local school. Your child’s local school is determined on the basis of their permanent residential address. Visit Find my School to locate your child’s local school. The enrolling in a school page can also help you to confirm your child’s address for enrolment.
If you are seeking to apply to enrol your child in a school that is not their local school, you should read about school zones and how they work and how applications are prioritised using the Department’s Placement Policy found on the enrolling in a school page.
We look forward to offering a tour and sharing more information regarding our school and our excellent programs.
Additional supporting materials – factsheet
A factsheet providing a summary of the Foundation (Prep) enrolment process has been developed to complement the detailed Enrolment Information Pack. The factsheet includes key dates in the process, Frequently Asked Questions and references to relevant policies.
The factsheet is currently available in English.
Enrolling in primary school for 2024 factsheet (English)
Translated factsheets are available here: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)
Further information can be found here:
Starting primary school guide | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)
Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)