Enrolling at RHPS
Our vision is to inspire all learners to be curious and creative. We strive to develop resilient and ethical citizens with the skills to thrive in a diverse and global community.
Thank you for expressing an interest in joining Rolling Hills Primary School. We look forward to meeting you and your child and welcoming you to our amazing school community.
A new statewide timeline for enrolling in Foundation (Prep) for the 2024 school year has been released.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government school. The timeline seeks to make the enrolment process simpler, clearer and fairer for families.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024.
What you need to do:
- Use Find my School to locate your designated neighbourhood school (referred to as your local school) and read about enrolling in a school.
- Contact a government primary school to book a school tour or to learn more about the school and the enrolment application process.
We conduct tours at 9:30am every Tuesday morning throughout Terms 1 and 2. Use the website link to book or call our friendly office staff on 03 9726 4454.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year.
- Rolling Hills Primary School can accept enrolment forms from Monday 24th April, 2023.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28th July, 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11th August, 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should accept the offer by Friday 25th August, 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30th January, 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after Friday 28th July, 2023 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the Department’s Placement Policy.
Your child has a right to enrol at their local school. Your child’s local school is determined on the basis of their permanent residential address. If you are seeking to apply to enrol your child in a school that is not their local school, you should read about school zones, how they work and how applications are prioritised using the Department’s Placement Policy, found on the enrolling in a school page.
We look forward to offering you a tour and sharing more information regarding our school and our excellent learning programs.
Additional supporting materials – factsheet
A factsheet providing a summary of the Foundation (Prep) enrolment process has been developed to complement the detailed Enrolment Information Pack. The factsheet includes key dates in the process, Frequently Asked Questions and references to relevant policies.
Translated factsheets are available here: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
Further information can be found here: